Image and awesome tips hereBefore you look at this list, please be sure to keep the following in mind:
1) You do not have to start out with everything on this list in order to cook a good meal or be efficient in the kitchen.
2) And, don't pressure yourself to sock away enough food and "pantry basics" for a year's worth of meal preparation.
3) Just buy what you can and gradually add the others.
Red Wine Vineger
Apple Cider Vinegar
Spices (cinnamon, black pepper, crushed red pepper, salt, Italian blend seasoning, oregano, paprika, ground ginger)
Pasta (or Marinara) Sauce
Red and White Wines
Pasta (spaghetti, macaroni, penne)
If you've made it this far down on the page without fleeing in fright, congratulations!
Based on this list of very basic pantry staples, here are some meal ideas:
- Pasta with Edamame and Bacon (about 20 minutes)
- Vegetable Soup (about 1 hour)
- Egg and Cheese Strata (chill overnight; about 10 minutes to prepare and 1 hour to bake)
- Shrimp Scampi (about 20 minutes)
- Scalloped Potatoes (about 15 minutes to prepare, and 1 hour to bake)
- Tuna Salad Sandwich
More basic meal ideas to come soon...
For a basic rundown on how to get down and dirty with your pantry organization, please visit Julie over at Clean & Bright.